1. Compare and contrast how Antigone and “The Game” develop the protagonist and antagonist using dialogue and staging. Use specific textual evidence from both plays to support your answer.
Answer: In Antigone the protagonist was developed through her statement concerning the loss of her brother Antigone is the protagonist she talked to her sister about burying their brother who was dishonored by Creon. This is the way of the way of the author to develop the character and introduce them to the audience
2. Compare the themes. What do Antigone and “The Game” suggest about fate and chance? Are our futures determined by fate, by chance, or a combination of both? Explain.
Our futures are determined by both fate and chance. First we were not given a choice on which families we are born with but we are given the chance to lead our lives according to the resources given to us. Afterward all throughout the rest of our life we constantly make decisions and make choices either by chance or by carefully investigating the situation.
1. The graphic includes the recent United States Federal Deficits by year. In 2018, the budget federal deficit was $779 billion. However, according to the graph, the debt raised by $1250 billion this year. Individuals naturally assume that the annual Deficit is the total that the federal government borrows each year. Actually this is not so. The Deficit is solely the distinction between Federal Outlays and Federal Receipts. If the government spends more than it takes in, then it runs a deficit. If the government takes in additional than it spends, it runs a surplus. Usually, the Federal debt increases each year by more than the official Deficit. For 2019, the federal budget estimates that the federal debt will increase about $1.24 trillion.
2. The reason why I choose this article is because every year, the government spends money on various programs, such as National Defense, Social Security, and Healthcare. Historically, periods with spikes in deficits and corresponding increases in the national debt have been in the 20th century when World War I and World War II were happening. Deficits are not any longer caused by periodic spikes in wartime spending, but rather by a long-term, structural mismatch between spending and revenue. By addressing this situation, policymakers can put our nation on a better path for economic growth, opportunity, and prosperity. A strong foundation creates positive conditions for growth, including more resources for public and personal investments in our future, and a stronger safety net.
3. This article relates to Chapter 6 on GDP (Counting market values, pg.184) The global GDP is a way to measure the health of an economy and overall production during a specific time (a year). GDP gives economists the ability to monitor how a nation’s economy is doing and what trends to predict. GDP is a measure that works well. In the short run, it helps us recognize business cycles, including the ups of an expansion and the downs of a recession. In 2018, the US deficit is expected to be approximately $590 billion, which is 3.6% of GDP for the year.
Graphic 2 – “Unemployment”
Best services for writing your paper according to Trustpilot
* All Partners were chosen among 50+ writing services by our Customer Satisfaction Team
4. The graphic includes the Local Area Unemployment Statistics (LAUS) program, which is a federal-statewide cooperative effort in which all states report monthly estimates of total employment and unemployment in the United States. The LAUS county data are estimated using a BLS prescribed multi-step estimation process, which gathers a variety of different information from local areas around the state. The estimates of the state’s employment/unemployment are adjusted so that all areas add to the state-wide total. The data in the graphic reflects on the county where the person lives.
5. The reason why I chose this article is because according to the San Diego County’s data, the unemployment rate was 3.3 percent in October 2018, which is an increase from the 3.2 percent in September 2018. The California’s Employment Development Department (EDD), shows that some companies may simply be unable to fill jobs because qualified workers don’t want to move to San Diego with its tight housing market and lower wages than might be available elsewhere. The unemployment rate for California was 4.0 percent statewide in 2018, and 3.5 percent for the entire United States. The total jobs in construction, financial services (particularly insurance carriers), administrative support and health care employment decreased by roughly 2500 jobs. While on the other hand, there was increases in transportation, manufacturing, tourism and government employment, according to EDD data.
6. This article relates to chapter 7 on Unemployment (“The natural rate of unemployment”, pg. 224) When unemployment rates are less than their natural rate, this can be an indication of an economy expanding beyond their capabilities. The unemployment rate is the second most important indicator of an economy, while GDP is the first. Economists monitor the unemployment rate as an important macroeconomic indicator for an economy. They use the unemployment rate to address the position of the economy corresponding to the business cycle.
Graphic 3 – “Minimum wage”
7. The graphic includes a map of the minimum wage laws in the United states. Back in the 1960s, the federal minimum wage was set to corresponding the productivity of the economy. If the federal wage had kept at that pace, then it would nearly be under $19. However, in 2009, the federal minimum wage was set to $7.25 nationwide. Over time, some states and cities have raised their minimum wages to $11.50 per hour. But when the minimum wage increases, the employers also increase their costs onto the consumers in the form of higher prices, or cut costs elsewhere leading to a less full-service and be more customer self-service. As a result of this, this could mean fewer hours, and less jobs for less-skilled and less experienced employees.
8. The reason why I chose this article is because I am an advocate for higher minimum wage in California. Raising the minimum wage is one of the best tools we have to lift incomes our economy. Two years ago in 2016, Governor Brown sign SB 3, a bill that increases the minimum wage in California to $15 per hour by 2022. The state governor’s decision makes California, the first state in the United States to promise to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour statewide. However, from doing my research, a new study from economists at the University of California, Irvine and the National Bureau of Economic research find that over the past 30 years, increases in the minimum wage have not yet reduced poverty levels in disadvantaged neighborhoods. While a few employees who earn a salary increase might benefit from a wage increase, those that lose their job are noticeably worse off.
1. Understand roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
1.1 Analyse your own role and responsibilities in education and training
As a classroom teacher, prior to entering the classroom to teach, it is my responsibility to plan the lesson. Planning a lesson is a task that requires skill. The skill I require is an understanding on how to teach the subject in a manner that all students will understand.
Inside the classroom my role is to teach the class Maths. It is my responsibility to provide a learning environment pleasant for all students to learn and ultimately excel. I control the flow of the lesson, I control the atmosphere inside the classroom, and I control the entering and exiting of anyone during the lesson.
As a member of staff in a primary school, it is my responsibility to make myself aware of the layout of the building, so as to assist younger pupils who may need directing. I need to make myself aware of the timetable of, not only my own classes, but other lessons, when other members of staff are free. Mentioning time it is vital to have great timekeeping skills, pupils can become anxious if they do not know where to be or what to do during a time when otherwise their teacher would be with them.
During the actual teaching time it is my role to assess the academic level of each student. This can be done by marking their work, but also by taking mental notes on which pupils grasp concepts slower than other pupils, which pupils cannot maintain focus for even short periods of time. It is then my responsibility to forward all relevant details and information to my line manager or head of the SEN department.
A teacher is also a role model and must therefore speak with respect and politeness. I must also treat parents of pupils with dignity and be understanding of their concerns and requirements.